DESIGNER / PROJECT LEAD
SUM Design Studio + architecture is looking to add a Designer / Project Lead to our growing team. Successful candidates must have 10+ years of experience within an architecture or design firm and hold a 4-year professional degree or greater.
Applicants must be detail-oriented; passionate about design; efficient; devoted to quality output; able to work well independently and in a team environment; possess the organizational skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple deadlines; and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and SketchUp are required as well as working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Active participation, production and leadership through all phases of the architectural process, including:
project scoping, programming, master planning, permitting, design development + review, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Planning, reviewing and collaborating on work with team members, providing mentorship and industry + problem-solving expertise.
- Direct coordination and communication with clients, project consultants, and contractors. Knowledge of building systems, building code and construction administration is essential.
- 3D rendering to work through designs internally and create conceptual presentations for clients.
- Experience with Financial Institutions and Office Tenant Improvement a plus.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send a resume, cover letter, and examples of your relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPACE PLANNER / TENANT IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST
SUM Design Studio + architecture is seeking an experienced Space Planner/ Tenant Improvement + Workspace Specialist to join our growing team. Candidates must have 5+ years of experience within an interior design, architecture or building design firm and hold a 4-year professional degree.
This position requires an independent thinker to work well in both a team environment and individually. Using your experience and professionalism, you will have the opportunity to coordinate and guide major aspects and components of projects working with building owners, tenants and the rest of the SUM team.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Self-directed experience with all phases of the design process, including: programming, space planning, schematic design, code research, permitting processes and independent production of construction documents, details and specifications.
- Technical proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite. Working knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with commercial tenant improvements and general knowledge of building code. Project experience with financial institutions is a plus.
- 3D rendering capabilities to work through designs internally and to create conceptual presentations for clients.
- Knowledge of materials and finish selections for a variety of project types.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with project consultants (MEP, Structural, FF&E), contractors and clients.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize project tasks and produce high quality work while managing various deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Competitive compensation + benefits package commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send a resume, cover letter and examples of your relevant work to email@example.com.
Don't see what you were hoping to find? We're always open to possibilities, so feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with other inquiries.