DESIGNER / PROJECT LEAD
SUM Design Studio + architecture is looking to add a Designer / Project Lead to our growing team. Successful candidates must have 10+ years of experience within an architecture or design firm and hold a 4-year professional degree or greater.
Applicants must be detail-oriented; passionate about design; efficient; devoted to quality output; able to work well independently and in a team environment; possess the organizational skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple deadlines; and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and SketchUp are required as well as working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Active participation, production and leadership through all phases of the architectural process, including:
project scoping, programming, master planning, permitting, design development + review, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Planning, reviewing and collaborating on work with team members, providing mentorship and industry + problem-solving expertise.
- Direct coordination and communication with clients, project consultants, and contractors. Knowledge of building systems, building code and construction administration is essential.
- 3D rendering to work through designs internally and create conceptual presentations for clients.
- Experience with Financial Institutions and Office Tenant Improvement a plus.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send a resume, cover letter, and examples of your relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUM Design Studio + architecture is seeking an Interior Designer to join our growing team. Candidates must have 5+ years experience within an architecture or building design firm and hold a 4-year professional degree. Applicants should be detail-oriented, passionate about design, efficient and able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Self-directed experience with all phases of the architectural process, including: space planning and programming, schematic design, code research, permitting processes and independent production of construction documents, details and specifications.
- Technical proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with commercial tenant improvements and general knowledge of building code.
- Experience with materials and finish selections for a variety of project types.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with project consultants, contractors and clients.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize project tasks and produce high quality work while managing various deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Drafting - Floor plans, ceiling plans, room elevations, restrooms, casework elevations and details.
- Product Specifications - Knowledge of lighting, flooring, wall treatment, ceiling systems.
- Interior Design - Floors, walls, ceilings, public spaces, intimate spaces, offices space. In general, a good eye for designing interior space.
- Client Meetings - New clients, existing clients, building owners, brokers with new or renewing tenants. Meet with clients in typical downtown or creative office space, listen, take notes and understand the client’s program. Be able to ask the right questions and draw out relevant information.
- Space Planning - Based on client meetings or a given program, be able to synthesize multiple space plans based on that program in a timely manner. Review space plans with client, tenant or broker and be able to quickly revise based on feedback.
- Area Calculations – Understand BOMA method of area calcs and be able to competently complete those calculations when asked by owners or brokers.
- Programming – Understand the concept of programming and be able to assist with larger annuity clients. Help create questionnaires for clients to assist with programming. Meet with client teams to survey and collect insight on client goals and priorities.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send a resume, cover letter and examples of your relevant work to email@example.com.
Don't see what you were hoping to find? We're always open to possibilities, so feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with other inquiries.