SUM Design Studio + architecture is looking to add a Designer to our growing team. Interested individuals should be motivated to develop their career and personal goals within a dynamic and creative environment. Successful candidates should have 4-5 years of experience within an architecture or design firm and hold at least a 4-year professional degree. Applicants must be detail-oriented; passionate about design; efficient; devoted to quality output; able to work well independently and in a team environment; possess the organizational skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple deadlines; and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and SketchUp are required as well as working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Revit experience is a plus, though not required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Space planning and programming. Experience with Financial Institutions and Office Tenant Improvement a plus.
- Development and production of design and construction documents.
- 3D rendering to work through designs internally and create conceptual presentations for clients. We frequently use SketchUp but are certainly open to the growing number of programs available.
- Finish selection for a variety of project types.
- Possessing general knowledge of city building codes and what it takes to move a project through the permit process.
- Coordination and communication with project consultants, contractors, and clients. Knowledge of building systems and construction administration is important.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send a resume, cover letter, and examples of your relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't see what you were hoping to find? We're always open to possibilities, so feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com with other inquiries.